Friday, September 5, 2008

Big Baby Dean's PickSlip for 9/6

After a 4-1 (+7.7 units) opening weekend, I am going to play a bunch of small games this week. Tread carefully this week as a lot of favorites won last week and some teams are over/under valued.

Looking at the lines earlier in the week, nothing really jumped out at me. So I looked at the totals and these 2 games caught my attention. These are my best plays for college this week and I expect them to be high scoring affairs. Keep an eye on the weather reports and wait til right before kickoff to put these bets in as the totals may drop a little.

2* Cincinnati @ Oklahoma (Over 52) 3:30pm
2* West Virginia @ East Carolina (Over 49) 4:30pm

A few members of The Pick Slip and many other cappers are all over West Virginia this game. I agree with them that ECU may be overvalued from last week, but everywhere I look everyone is on West Virginia. Vegas will not get there asses handed to them again. This is not a spite pick but I really like ECU. WVU is not the same when they are on the road (PITT and South Florida last year). I think Pat White will still have a good day, but ECU has a much better defense than Villanova. ECU also has a good offense and I don't think WVU's defense compares to Va Tech's from last week. Ultimately I think WVU will win, but it will be much closer than people think. This is Big Baby Dean's sucker bet of the week in college football.

1* West Virginia @ East Carolina (+7.5) 4:30pm

Although a rivalry game, I am going with South Florida here. Get the line now before it goes back up. Look for Matt Grothe and the ground game to help South Florida to beat Central Florida.

1* South Florida (-13.5) @ Central Florida 7pm

The motto of these picks were to find decent teams playing historically bad teams. I cant believe these lines were all under 10. Since I am going against 3 home dogs, I will play it safe and just put 1 unit on all of these games.

1* BYU (-9) @ Washington 3:10pm
1* UCONN (-6.5) @ Temple 12pm
1* Northwestern (-6.5) @ Duke 7pm


Look for my NFL picks tomorrow night.

Good Luck to All.

No comments: