Thursday, September 11, 2008

Big Baby Dean's PickSlip for 9/13

I am posting my college picks early this week because I will be busy on a weekend trip. This weekend's games will be much better than last weeks. Look for my NFL picks sometime Saturday night. Enjoy the picks.

4* Georgia (-7.5) @ South Carolina 3:30pm
Even though the Gamecocks upset the Bulldogs last year in Athens, this Georgia team is too talented to lose again. Georgia's defense will be able to stifle Spurrier's offense. On the offensive side of the ball, Stafford and Moreno will be too much for South Carolina. Look for Georgia to run up the score on this one. Pick: Georgia (-7.5)

4* California (-15.5) @ Maryland 12:00pm
I know I know... Cal is on the road here and are laying 2 td's... But they are playing Maryland and they are not the same anymore. The ACC is very weak this year in my eyes. Cal looks like it's on a mission and I look for them to put up a lot of points this week and don't think Maryland will be able to get near them. Cal will open up a big lead early, just hope that we don't get a backdoor cover on this one. Pick: California (-15.5)

3* USC (-10.5) vs Ohio State 8:00pm
The matchup everyone has been waiting for has arrived. The Pac-10 powerhouse vs The Big Ten powerhouse. I can't wait to watch this game. It looks like Beanie Wells will play but we will see how effective he will be against the mighty Trojan defense. There will definitely be some big hits in this game. The wild card in this game is Mark Sanchez. He cannot make mistakes and if they can get some long drives it will tire out OSU's defense. Pete Carroll was game planning all summer for this game and I think he is a better coach than Tressel. The line is 10.5 which scares me a little but I feel USC will seize the opportunity and stomp the Buckeyes out. Pick: USC (-10.5)

Good Luck

No comments: