Saturday, September 13, 2008

Big Baby Dean's NFL PickSlip Week 2

3* New Orleans Saints @ Washington Redskins (+1) 1pm
A few reasons why I like the Redskins as a home dog:
-Washington is coming off 10 days rest and the Saints are banged up (missing 3 defensive starters and Marques Colston)
-Even though the Skins maybe 4th in the division, I feel the NFC East is one of the top divisions in the NFL
-Saints are the sexy public sucker bet this week and after a week a lot of favorites won, I think the dogs will do a lot better in Week 2

Look for Clinton Portis and the Washington O-Line to control this game early and win the TOP battle and keep Brees and company off the field. I think this game will be close, but I am going with Washington.
Pick: Washington Redskins (+1)
Start 'em: Brees, Bush, Shockey, Portis, Cooley

2* Chicago Bears @ Carolina Panthers (-3) 1pm
This game will be a battle and I think both offenses will struggle at first. I think whoever's run game does better will win this game. Therefore, I will go with DeAngelo Williams and rookie Jonathan Stewart to wear out the Bears defense. Also like the more experienced Delhomme over Kyle Orton in this game. Carolina has the edge in QB, RB, and OL in this game. Neither teams have impressive WRs with Steve Smith suspended and I think both defenses are very good with Chicago getting the slight edge. I am also fading the Bears after a road victory on National TV vs Peyton Manning and the Colts. Pick: Carolina Panthers (-3)
Start 'em: Matt Forte, Bears Defense, Deangelo Williams, Jonathan Stewart, Carolina Defense

2* Tennessee Titans (+1) @ Cincinnati Bengals 1pm
It was hard for me to put this game on the Slip because this line just looks weird, but Tennessee is a team that has my eye this year. With the Jags and Colts struggling, I can really see Tennessee making the playoffs again this year. Cincinnati is a terrible team even with their great wide receivers. Head Coach Marvin Lewis cannot even control this team and to me are one of the laughing stocks of the league. Jeff Fisher will out coach Marvin in this game. Also, Tennessee will win this game in the trenches, just like Baltimore did last week. Cincinnati will not be able to stop the 1-2 duo of LenDale White and Chris Johnson. Kerry Collins is a vet and will look good if the OL can protect him. Cinci will give up again in this game. Also, is it me or is Carson Palmer overrated?? If he played in NY he would have been run out of town already. Pick: Tennessee Titans (+1)
Start 'em: Chris Johnson, Lendale White, Tennessee Defense, Carson Palmer, Chad OchoCinco, TJ Houshmenzadah

Good Luck and Lets Go Giants!

No comments: